It has been my honour to support Movember for a few years now. Two years ago I started letting the highest bidder colour my Movember moustache any colour of their choosing.
In 2017, one of my students, Reese Wilson, (now in tax at PwC) put us over the top by making a masterful bid that entitled him to colour my moustache. Reese chose thankfully, not just to humiliate me, for he has two causes that he cares about. The first is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which, at the time, used a pink ribbon. The second is Pink Shirt Day, which supports anti-bullying. It is because both these use pink as their colour that he chose the vivid pink that you see in the picture above.
Last year, in 2018, it was Harvey Peters (of No Social Media for Me) that stole the show by making an incredibly generous donation. Harvey works with the well-recognized accounting firm, Manning Elliott, and he has always been a generous and caring man whom I respect and love. Thank you Harvey for all that you do.
So here it is 2019! I’m so excited to be participating again this year and extremely proud that I am doing so under the banner of Clarity NPO. We started operations a month ago and I’m not sure we’ve learned to crawl, let alone walk and grow moustaches. I am determined, however to make this a successful year and to challenge the targets established and met in the last two years.
- The network established in Clarity NPO is small and so we will be asking a lot of each of you as we look for participants to help us achieve our targets.
- The Movember target for this year is $2000. If we make that target, the highest bidder gets to choose the colour of my Movember moustache.
- I colour on the last day of the month to be certain of the highest bidder and I wear it dyed for a week. This year, much to my chagrin, I will be attending a conference at the Directors College in Ontario where I will be completing my journey to become a Charter Director. I think that means I’ll be in a room with a bunch of serious people trying to do serious things, while sporting a purple, or green, or rainbow coloured moustache.
I hope that it will be you that picks that colour. I hope it will be you that helps me achieve my goal.
During the month I will write a piece each week to update the progress and maybe to show the occasional picture of my fledgling and pathetic “oh so white” ‘stache.
Here is what I need you to do:
- log onto My Movember now and make a donation if you are able.
- Send a note, today, to five people that you think might be willing to support Movember and this journey.
- Share this blog on your LinkedIn, or your Facebook.
- Follow us on Instagram and share the photos of my moustache and progress.
- Follow me/us on Twitter (Grant and Clarity-NPO) and share the fun.
Thank you for your support, as always.
bookkeeper1 charities1 Clarity NPO4 democracy1 diversity1 financial planning1 fundraising1 governance1 issues management1 join our team1 Lookout Society1 Movember1 non profits2 problem solving1 social programs1 tax credits1 tax refund1 tax support1 taxable income1